Thursday, June 19, 2014

27 - Prayers From The Heart






                               PRAYERS FROM THE HEART

Note: These prayers are designed to stimulate personal and private conversations with God (instead of group prayer). 

O Lord,
My soul longs for you
My heart years to receive you
Come, like the flight of angels
To nourish my existence and rejoice my life
To inflame me with such love
That I may never separate from you.   AMEN 
           (See Gal. 6:7b-8 for additional reflection)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Sweet Lord,
My sorrow is revealed
For I detest my sins
And I seek your justice
Your kind and generous justice

I have offended you and others
I sincerely resolve
Through the help of your grace
To sin no more (and to avoid sinful opportunities).   AMEN
---------------------------------------------------------
May the Lord preserve me
With His hoy wisdom (as pure simplicity)

May the Lord bless me
With holy poverty (as divine humility)

May the Lord justify me
With holy charity (as true obedience to faith)

May the Lord give to me
With holy virtues (as Christ hopes in me.   AMEN
   ------------------------------------------------------
O Lord,
It is my most sincere hope to show my thankfulness
By being more like Christ in my daily conduct
I want to love more than I am loved
I want to give more than I am given to

Because I am your thankful servant (I love).    AMEN
   --------------------------------------------------------------

O Holy Spirit,
Please help me to live in your holiness
Help me to turn from sin and begin again

I want to be humble and to be kind
I want to show peace and to show love
I want to be patience and to have joy
I want to be faithful and to show self-control

Live in me, so I can begin again (holy)
In Christ name I pray.  AMEN
     ---------------------------------------------
O Lord, It takes:
A sincere heart (for me to see you)
A loving behavior (for me to serve you)
   
A devoted faith (for me to experience you)
O Divine Master,
I do not know you totally
Until I come closer to you
I do not understand you totally
Until “Your Will” becomes your will within me.   AMEN
     -----------------------------------------------------------

O God (My Dear Love),
I’ll never know any greater or more wonderful feeling
Than the sweet essence of your love
Come - Blessed God (in three persons)
And relax my soul
To make me happy with you (forever). AMEN       D. Cone
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
O Holy Spirit,
Give me your calmness and peace:
To make my troubles (a belief in you)
To make each daily event (an opportunity for growth)
To make each person (a message from heaven)
 O Holy Spirit, calm my soul
And ease my mind (to take control).  AMEN
     -------------------------------------------------
Heavenly Father,
When those times come and I can find no words to pray
It becomes easier to pray If Jesus is in my heart
(Father) I let Jesus pray - I allow Him to pray within me
He prays from the silence of my thoughts
I become still and quite, since I cannot speak (He prays).
Accept his prayers - for He knows my heart.   AMEN (Ref. Mother Theresa) 
           -------------------------------------------------------
Jesus, you are before my eyes,
I see your life and ministry (through mental pictures (within my mind)
Jesus, you are in my heart
Change my waters (of human existences), into the wine (of your divine life)
Heal me, mend me, and lead me (towards your love).  AMEN    
           ------------------------------------------------------
LORD, YOU TELL ME:
If I separate from you
You will find me
You will search me out
To always stay
Traveling all about
Around, covering ground
To always be, what I need
And what I like
(To love and to be loved by my God). AMEN
     ------------------------------------

Lord, my life is in great need of “your will”
May I see it through your word (scripture)
And your greater church’s teachings
I have a great desire for your standards
To shape my morals and to transform my love
May I respect all life
(children, elderly and the physical & mentally challenged)
May my life be inspired by a desire to be your servant
(Guided by your footsteps). AMEN
      --------------------------------------------------
Lord, do I shield myself because of fear of being hurt?
Is my frankness, really openness?
I my bluntness, really love?
Is my surface behavior, caring about others?
If I can’t communicate with myself, how can I communicate with others?
If I can’t love myself, how can I love others?
Can you help, Lord?  AMEN
    -------------------------------------------------------------
Lord, your beauty is within me and it is within others.
Should I keep on hiding and not be able to evolve or change?
It takes you (your love, O Lord) to change me - to improve me.
It takes a commitment and time
To love, to love more and to love always. AMEN
      -------------------------------------------------------



(More to be written Later)

No comments:

Post a Comment